Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Personalized learning vs personal learning as a teacher and learner



How do your goals fit into "personalized learning vs personal learning?


I find myself struggling with how to answer this question.  When I think about personalized learning vs. personal learning I look at it through two different lenses, as a learner and as a teacher.   As a learner I am being asked to work with my team to develop PLP's with students in my classroom. Although I am being asked to do a specific task it is being personalized for my group.  As a teacher I am looking at my work this week in a different light.  I am using this opportunity to become a better teacher with a focus on each student as an individual.  I find a lot of my students are "doing" school because they need to, not because they want to.  I am hoping that as a teacher I will understand how to change students' mindsets about school through personalizing their learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment