Thursday, June 25, 2015

Day 4 reflections

This morning we got a chance to quietly reflect on all that we have heard and done this week.  Although I did not do it quietly, it was important for me to talk with my colleagues about my frustrations and desires.  After taking some time to release my worries I was able to step over the line (literally) to a spot where I could think about my hopes and dreams for this coming year.   I am in a much better place than yesterday afternoon.   Going through the process of frustration and worry was important for me to get to the spot I am now.
Along with finding myself in a more comfortable spot with our group work, I am finding myself learning more about myself as a learner.  My co-teacher, Terry Hopper, is great at thinking about what is coming up and not worrying about what could happen.  I have a habit of looking too far into the future and worrying about all of the things that could happen causing me to become overwhelmed.   It is great to be able to reflect on this together and to discuss where each of our strengths and weaknesses are as a team.  I feel lucky to work with someone who balances me out nicely.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Diana! I think we are a good balance for each other. Also, I think it IS a good idea to look forward to what might happen....just not WORRY about it!! :) Looking forward to another great year!

    ReplyDelete